Saturday, October 15, 2011

X-Factor in Final Stage before Live Shows

First auditions and Boot Camp are over with, and the field is down to 32 on X-Factor. 8 boys, 8 girls, 8 over 30's and 8 groups. One unique thing i really like that they did was that they created groups from some of the boys and girls that didn't make the final 8 in their category. The judges agreed that only 6 of the groups that came as a group were worthy of going through. They then looked at what other contestants could mesh well together. I am curious to see how these two judge-made groups perform.

The next stage of the competition is Judges Homes. Each of the four judges was assigned an age group in which they will coach. Their first job however, is to narrow their group from 8 to 4. We would know who the judges selected by now, however, a playoff baseball game caused the Wednesday night episode to be pushed to Thursday. The Thursday episode is set to air Sunday night.

The judges all seemed happy with the group they were assigned, and I think they all match well. LA Reid was given the boys group, which I think is the perfect fit. Although he works with all types of artists, I see him as the best fit for the boys as opposed to the other judges. Simon was given the girls, which I like for the main reason that it will create a nice rivalry between him and LA. I really think that the winner of this show will come from one of those two groups, so their coaching could make the difference. Nicole got the over 30's, which makes sense because she brings that "I came from nothing too" attitude, which is what a lot of those people have been saying throughout the show. Lastly, Paula got the groups, which is a good fit for her because she has worked with groups before. However, this is going to be the hardest set of singers to work with, but she has the best chance with them I think.

I wont make any predictions or start using artists names until I know who the final 16 are. However, one thing I will say now is that I would be SHOCKED if the winner did not come from the boys coached by LA or the girls coached by Simon. I just don't think the talent is there in the other sets of singers. This does however make their decision of which 4 to pass through to the live shows a lot harder. I am very curious to see who they pick and who they send home.

Tune in Sunday night to see for yourself who will be performing live this week!!

1 comment:

  1. I must say I was skeptical of this show, but after sitting through the two hours of it tonight (without a choice) with my mom and girlfriend, I must say it is at least trying to be different.

    I still don't think this is something I could watch each week, but I will admit it is daring to be different. We shall see how its audiences adapt to the change.

    ReplyDelete